Sunday, May 07, 2006

Passover


There is something to be said for Christians remembering their Old Testament heritage. My parents and I have regularly celebrated the Passover in our home. When we became missionaries we brought the celebration of remembrance into the church. It became a wonderful evening of feasting, festivities, and learning of the meal the Hebrews enjoyed in their last night in Egypt and Christ's last night before His crucifixion.

Here are some pictures from last year's celebration. (My mom and I sewed my Dad's "ephod".)

1 comment:

Craig Schwarze said...

A fellow from "Jews for Jesus" came and went through the passover at a church I attended years ago. He highlighted a lot of the Christological typology (as you've alluded to).

It was a great presentation. I must admit, however, that some of the typology may have been a little exaggerated.