Friday, May 12, 2006
i'm no liberal feminist, but ...
Last night ... or was it early this morning? ... a couple of us over at Craig's blog were scoffing at an article written by a fundamentalist preacher who was getting blue in the face about women wearing pants. According to him, a woman who wears pants
1. IDENTIFIES HERSELF WITH A ROCK N' ROLL CULTURE OF SEX PERVERSION AND IDOLATRY!
2. COMMITS IDOLATRY, AND CAUSES MEN TO COMMIT IDOLATRY!
3. COMMITS ADULTERY, AND CAUSES MEN TO COMMIT ADULTERY
4. CAUSES MEN TO COMMIT THE SIN OF COVETOUSNESS
5. SINS BY WEARING MEN'S CLOTHING
6. IS CAUSING LASCIVIOUSNESS
7. WHEN A WOMAN WEARS PANTS, SHE IS IN TROUBLE WITH GOD JUST AS THE MAN IS IN TROUBLE, TOO!
click here to read it for yourself.
It started when a couple of us read Team Pyro's excellent article on women and modesty in the church. The ladies at Girl Talk give a biblical perspective for women on dressing to glorify God.
Here's a quote from another fellow about women. I'll let you mull over your own thoughts on this one.
As I've said, women should get married and have children before going to university. (University, especially the Arts, will poison their minds with Feminist dogma.) They should marry older guys who are beginning their careers.