Tuesday, November 15, 2005

crazy Sunday happenings

Yesterday, when Laura and I were on our way to church, I turned down a small street only to find it blocked by a "commotion." This commotion involved two dogs and three adults. One of the dogs was off his leash with no owner in sight. The three adults were kicking at that same dog trying to keep it from it's goal. To eat the other dog for lunch. There was no going around them ... so I began to honk my horn in hopes that it would scare off the assailant. No such luck. I pulled up closer and Laura rolled down the window.

"Is there anything we can do?"

The dog's owner asked if we could put her dog in the car.

Laura opened the passenger side door and the large dog sat with us in the front, trembling.

The woman gave us directions to her house nearby, and we drove the dog home and the three adults followed.

The crazy thing is that the other dog followed us!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

The picture of that little dog grimacing is really, really scary!

Lisa said...

Oh, good, so I wasn't the only one who was a little spooked by him...smile. Great story.