Monday, April 16, 2007

a vision for the future

My pastor challenged us this morning to develop a vision of change regarding our partner--not a game plan in how we're going to change our spouse ... no ... instead, a vision of how our spouse is daily becoming more and more like Christ and to rejoice with them as you see that transformation occur in their lives.

Do I have such a vision for myself?

Am I completely yielded to the work of the Holy Spirit in my life to mold me and change me?

Or do I hold onto sins or harmful habits thinking that I cannot change ... that they are a part of me ... that they define me?

Is my hope/confidence in Christ or myself or the approval of others?

How can I be used of God as an instrument of change for the better in my spouse's life?

Am I yielded to His guidance in my life to be used of Him or am I trying to bring about change in my spouse or my own life through my own strength and confidence?

Do I delight in the vision of what my spouse is becoming?

No comments: