Father, I pray that you would transform this child by your gospel.
- Open their blinded eyes to see the deep darkness of their sin and the brilliant beauty of Christ's cross (2 Cor. 4:4; 1 Thess. 1:5)
- Unstop their deaf ears to hear the glorious sound of the good news (John 8:47; Rom. 10:17).
- Take out their hearts of stone and replace them with hearts of flesh that beat for you alone (Ezek. 39:26-27).
- Fill their minds with your Word so that their mouths might pour forth wisdom and their lives pour forth grace (Philip. 4:8-9; Ps. 119:97-104).
- Cause them to live lives worthy of the gospel by living lives transformed by the gospel (Philip. 1:27).
- Grant them a longing to obey and honor their parents to the glory of Christ (Eph. 6:1-3).
Father, I pray that you would connect them to gospel community.
- Let the word of Christ dwell in them richly, as they care for others (Col. 3:16).
- Empower them to forgive others as you have forgiven them (Eph. 4:31-32).
- Give them a passion to serve with the gifts and abilities God has given (1 Pet. 4:10).
- Equip them to do the work of the ministry (Eph. 4:12)
- Grant them a submissive spirit toward church leaders. Make them a joy to their leadership and not a burden (Heb. 13:17).
Father, I pray that you would use them to take your gospel into the world.
- Give them the desire to share not only your gospel but their lives as well (1 Thess. 2:8).
- Set their confidence solidly in the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes (Rom. 1:16).
- Let their lives declare who you are and what you have done (Ps. 96:2-3).
- Cause them to be attractive agents of gospel-transformation in the world (Rom. 12:2; 1 Pet. 2:11, 12)