Friday, June 10, 2005

BRING IT

While waiting for my private student to arrive at the school earlier this week, I found myself flipping through the TEFL Job Location notebook. I’ve discovered that I actually have a bit of a knack for teaching English ...

what if ... ah, here was a small village in Italy that needed an English teacher. I began to daydream. Ah, the golden sun of Italy, the taste of fruits and vegetables beyond what I have ever experienced, hospitable mamas taking on the task of fattening me up.

What about Germany? It would be nice to have the option of visiting with my family on the weekends.

... but ... was I adventurous enough for ... oh, I don’t know ... Slovakia? a place I know nothing about, completely unfamiliar with the terrain, culture, people ... “If God is for us, who can be against us?!!” If God were to direct my path to this new frontier ... well then ...

BRING IT, Bratislava!

No comments: