Wednesday, December 06, 2006

an experiment


i'm conducting a little experiment. should everything go as planned, i ought to experience very little jetlag when i arrive in Australia.

the experiment began on Sunday when i slept in till 1:30 pm (my church meets in the evening). hmm, well ... i wasn't tired that night. why not stay up? i could go to sleep around 5 a.m., thus adjusting myself steadily to the time difference in Tasmania (+16 hrs.).

the first night went smoothly ... but yesterday?!! ugh! brutal ... today i'm feeling pretty good.

Mike tells me i should keep that same Tasmanian timetable in mind when i'm flying so that i'm sleeping when he is. hmm, i wonder who gave HIM that advice to begin with when he came here to the States ... ?

i suppose i should pack ... i've thought of it ... hey! anyone want me to bring anything over for them?

i already have a couple of orders i'm working on:

1 cool American girlfriend (a little late notice but i've put out the word ... expecting to hear back from a few chicks.)
American junk food (hmm ... i'm thinking Cheeze Whiz ... nah, don't want to risk imprisonment for that one)
1 college hoodie

anything else? type now or forever hold your peace.

11 comments:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I've got a friend who'd be interested in an American kitty treat...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Mike often gives back the same advice.

I'm just thinking what you can get me from America. Um, so many choices...

Lorie said...

Hey, lady. Can you email me the link to that big ol' long list of date ideas you posted or linked to once long ago? I need them for an article I'm writing...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the jetlag experiment--I hope it works well for you!

Also, I noticed you're taking orders for what to take over with you; is there any way I could persuade you to bring me back a Tasmanian Tree Frog? Guess that's probably as illegal as bringing Vegemite in, though, huh?

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Guilty as charged, Christine, guilty as charged. I'm blaming it on the post finals "free time." :)

Radagast said...

The trick is to get lots of sleep before the flight (and as much as possible ON the flight).

When you arrive, spend lots of time outside in the sun, and stay up until 6pm at least. You should feel pretty good the next day.

GloryandGrace said...

Random and totally unrelated to your post, but I have a question.

You mentioned on your profile that you're a fan of L.M. Montgomery. Have you read the Emily books yet? I'm trying to decide on whether or not to start those first for the Christmas break, or Sense & Sensbility by Jane Austen since I haven't read it either.

Anonymous said...

You TOTALLY stole my idea! I'm plannin' on the same thinger in may! But getting up earlier will be tougher for DE than staying up late (which i already do naturally!)

Chris said...

um ... Root Beer. They don't have that here in Oz and I miss it like crazy ...

Anonymous said...

Root beer = sarsperella. Lots of brands, it's available.

We used to have A&W takeaway shops here as an experiment, but it didn't last. They sell the best (or sweetest) root beer.

Chris said...

hmmm ... I'll have to check that at Coles the next time I'm there. I must admit though, there's nothing quite like a cold Saranac Root Beer; I suppose I've been here ten months, six weeks isn't too long to wait ...