“When men attempt bold gestures, generally it’s considered romantic. When women do it, it’s often considered desperate or psycho.”
Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie
from Sex in the City
Michael and Hayley Dimarco, authors of "Marriable: taking the desperate out of dating", begin their chapter titled “Women, Shut Up and Be Mysterious” with the quote above (so don’t get it into your heads that I actually watch this HBO hit show). Their conclusions about correcting women’s destructive behavior actually concur with my own. According to the Dimarcos women tend to mess up their relationships by
1. talking too much (giving too much information at once)
2. chasing the man
3. planning everything
5. and giving in physically
The woman has virtually climbed out of the rabbit hole and laid herself at Elmer Fudd’s feet … what’s the fun in that?!!
Instead the Dimarcos urge women to by mysterious.
1. keep part of your life to yourself
2. limit your phone calls (in time and number)
3. don’t accept last-minute dates
4. don’t whine
5. and don’t gossip
In short, women are doing entirely too much in terms of pursuit. Instead they need to sit down and shut up and let the men step up.
P.S. – You want to know if a guy likes you?
1. He asks you out.
2. He tells you he’s interested
3. He calls when he says he will.
4. He wants to be with you.
5. No matter what else is going on in his life, he will do all he can to be with you.
Sure signs he’s not interested:
1. He hasn’t asked you out.
2. He never tells you he’s interested.
3. He is too busy to do things for or with you.