Sunday, May 20, 2007

not natural!


The ladies at HIBC throw the best baby showers.

Oma: (auf Deutsch) What does baby shower mean? Why do you call it this? (Germans do not throw baby showers ... don't ask me what they do for fun. Who knows ...)
Me: Hmm, good question. I suppose it is a showering of love and gifts on the new mother.

But it's the games and the gusto in which these ladies from Africa, Europe, Asia, and the US (my mum and I) take part that make these parties so memorable.

These are the same ladies that are planning my wedding (their first) ... should be a very memorable time.

baby Bennet

2 comments:

Bron said...

It's so lovely to see these little glimpses of life!

Laura said...

There's something about the light there... So golden and soft and beautiful.

A Sad But True Tale: I was at church today and saw a tall sylph of a girl wearing green, and I immediately jumped -- "It's Christine!" And then I remembered...