I'd like everyone's imput about a project I am currently working on. I am researching the social and emotional needs of 20 to 40 year olds and will present my findings in the form of a presentation.
Questions to answer in my presentation:
• What are the developmental theories that address the social and emotional needs of 20-40 year olds?
• What are the strengths and shortcomings of these theories?
• How does a Christian worldview shape your understanding and application of these developmental theories?
• How would you apply these to church/family ministry?
• What are some relevant issues in current events or society that affect his age group?
What are some concerns you have with how the church ministers to this age group?
What are some socio-emotional phenomena that you notice in 20-40 year olds?
Two that come to mind already are prolonged adolescence and mid-midlife crises.
I need everyone's thoughts ... especially since most (if not all) of you find yourselves in this age group.
DISCLAIMER: this is not a way of slacking off and not doing the research. I have already done quite a bit ... but I'd like to plug into the brilliant minds of my readers who each have insights that I'd like to glean from. I'd like to interact with you and then publish my findings in a week or two.