Thursday, March 22, 2007

daughters of Jerusalem ... this is my beloved, my friend

His mouth is most sweet,
and he is altogether desirable.
This is my beloved and this is my friend,
O daughters of Jerusalem.

Song of Solomon 5:16


Today marks day 100 in the I'll Be Mike's and Mike Will Be Mine countdown. In addition, today is also the conclusion to 30 days in which I have been striving to be a godly encouragement to Mike per Nancy Leigh DeMoss' challenge (under printable downloads).

In honor of this special day, I would like to describe for you my lover, my friend.

1. Mike is a man that others may look to for inspiration. I would be proud to have my sons emulate him.

2. Mike is strong and masculine. When he holds me, I am enveloped in his confident tenderness. What originally impressed me about him was his determination to do what it took to accomplish his desires.

3. Mike eagerly communicates the gospel impartial to persons rich or poor, young or old, educated or not.

4. Mike is determined to lovingly provide for, lead, and organize our family without tyranny. He listens to my advice with openness and humility. When I wrong him, he is quick to forgive.

5. Mike is not a lover of money or earthly possessions.

6. Mike is hospitable, welcoming both believers and non-believers into his home. His home, car, computer, and other belongings are often offered to others should they have need of them.

7. Mike loves the church and ministering to and with God's people.

8. Mike is a lover of truth, desiring to teach God's Word faithfully, holding to sound doctrine rather than popular thought or gimmick.

9. Mike is a hard worker, devoting his body and time to serving God in whatever He is led to do.

10. Mike is a very focussed and organized thinker. When he comes to you with a concept, you know that he has put much time and thought into his plan.

11. Mike is very warm and genuine when talking with others, often putting them at ease (despite his wonderful height).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post and a wonderful blog. It is absolutely thrilling to see a woman unashamed and confident in embracing a biblical role in life. My wife has done this and I wish that more women could experience the joy and freedom to be found in God's unique grace to women. Happy is the husband whose wife is an encouragement to him, whose wife works to support and love him. We men need this so desperately. May God give us grace to be the servant leaders we should be and to love and to treasure our wives. Keep up the great work. God be with you and your man.